VETS Privacy Notice
The type of personal information we collect.
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history this includes any information shared via your CV and your military history
- Information about your location and entitlement to work in the UK
- Preferences around employment including location, business and industry
- Mentoring activity including suggested, requested and connected mentors
How we get the personal information and why we have it.
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To create your profile on the VETS platform
- To highlight your needs and interests to other users who can assist you
- To inform us of your employment preferences to ensure we can share appropriate opportunities with you
- We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- To continue to provide our services to you
- To enable us to answer any queries you raise and make our services more valuable to you.
- To market our products and send you relevant industry news and details of services we feel may be of interest
- To keep you updated with details of any events, promotions and competitions
- We act as an employer-jobseeker introduction service and will be required to share data to complete this introduction such as via job applications you complete
- We will also look to share high-level personal information (name and email), with your employer in order to celebrate your contribution as a mentor.
We may share this information with our partner businesses.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in a range of different places, including on your profile, application record, the VETS website data centre and on other relevant Information Technology (“IT”) systems (including email). We keep your details on the VETS platform until you withdraw your consent or ask us to remove your data. We will remove your profile, application record, and any other data from the platform data centre as soon as possible after receiving your request.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us in writing. You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Date last reviewed: 17th June 2020
Our contact details
Veterans’ Employment Transition Support (VETS)
Military & Veteran Outreach team, Level 22, 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP