Working with VETS
Who we work with
Our partners recognize the unique skills and attributes of veterans and understand the value these well trained, highly motivated and talented individuals can bring to their workforces.
The VETS programme is completely free both for the business/organisation to join as partners and for the Service Leaver/Veteran utilising the service. As a result, we do not work with any business or organisation that charges for their services.
We are constantly seeking new businesses to work with to ensure we have a wide variety of opportunities for our veterans. So if you think your business might fit with us, please get in touch with the team and we’d be happy to discuss further.
Find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about the benefits of hiring ex-forces individuals, how your business can support the military community or becoming a VETS partner, contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why work with us
We are always the first to point out that the VETS platform is not a golden bullet that will unlock all your hiring needs, however it is another resource for you to utilise when looking for the ideal candidate. There are huge benefits to hiring from the military talent pool, and registering as a VETS partner gives you access to over 5,000 individuals already registered on our platform.
VETS is a totally free service that offers opportunities for you to develop your business, your colleagues and your talent pipeline in a simple process. We work with you to build a profile on our platform that will allow you to easily showcase any opportunities, vacancies or events coming up, which can be tagged and promoted at the click of a button. We support you in developing your offering where necessary, be that supporting you in hosting events, sharing best practice tips or giving relevant points of contact for other businesses working in this space.
As a VETS partner you are invited to share key information and updates with our VETS community. One of the ways you can do that is through our Quarterly newsletter which includes highlights and events. To take a look at some of our previous newsletters, click here.
We are very proud to have a base of supportive employers. By working with us, you will also have access and the ability to network with over 160 like-minded businesses, all with the same goal of supporting those who have served. We actively support and promote collaboration and host regular meetings with our partners to encourage the exchange of best-practice.
The VETS team are available to talk through what your goals as a business/organisation are and any plans you may have in the pipeline; we are fully aware that it can be a bit daunting when starting out on this journey.
So if you are wondering how you could potentially work with VETS, you might want to consider some of the following options:
How can your business get involved?
- Sign up to VETS as a partner!
- Hire ex-military and those from the military community
- Create or highlight military pathways to join your business with value add positions and opportunities
- Host or attend events for the military community
- Educate those around you on the skills and benefits of employing from the military community
- Encourage your colleagues to become mentors with us and engage with the community
- Signpost individuals to the VETS platform for support and guidance from mentors
- Sign the Armed Forces Covenant and publicly showcase your commitment to supporting the community
- Identify your own military talent, share their story and celebrate their achievements
- Join us for one of our programmes or events including CV and interview workshops and offer guidance on your business’ way of doing things
- Create an internal military network for your colleagues and encourage networking and allies across the business
- Come together with our businesses in the military space and identify opportunities to support and collaborate on initiatives
- Review your HR policies and processes, including around hiring, to ensure you are inclusive and open to having military talent in your business
- Identify and encourage fundraising for some of the fantastic military charities out there
- Actively support the Reserves and your own reservist colleagues
If you want to find out more about the benefits of hiring ex-military or becoming a VETS partner, contact the team directly at email@example.com to discuss further.